Effortless and yet still polished: just how do the top hairstylists do it? They conjure up skilful (catwalk) hairstyles with seeming ease. Do you also want to include hairstyling on your CV in addition to your makeup artist training in order to get started as a fully fledged makeup artist? In that case, the Masterclass Hairstyling is for you.
Passion is the keyword in this Masterclass. No previous experience with hair is required for this Masterclass but you do need the passion to do something with it. The Masterclass Hairstyling at Art of Colors is specifically intended for the makeup artist that wishes to do hairstyling and editorial hair on set in addition to good makeup. The Masterclass is an addition to the makeup training in order to get started as an all-round makeup artist. A team of teachers from the profession will teach you the basics of hairstyling in small classes in 1.5 months.
Why Art of Colors
In the Masterclass Hairstyling you learn how to work with a hands-on approach. Not only do you learn how to create various looks during each lesson but you also discover how you can develop your own creativity. In addition to this, a professional hairstylist teaches you all the extras and techniques to enable you to qualify as an all-round makeup artist. This Masterclass therefore perfectly complements your Makeup Artist Course or Advanced Class.
About the lesson
Are you curious as to what happens during a lesson? You learn how to think and work conceptually during our lessons. Technique is the main ingredient of this Masterclass. Not only do you learn how to work with a curling iron and hair straightener, but you are taught the intricacies of applying hair extensions. If you wish to practice at home, you can do so using a training head (with real hair) which you receive after the first lesson to take home with you in order to carry out your assignments. During the lesson you can use the free online model databank and you should bring a model with you. You do need the Masterclass Hairstyling as a makeup artist. It is not an addition but regarded as a requirement by many (future) clients. Indeed, for many assignments it is expected that you are also skilled in hairstyling.
What you learn in our lessons
- Working with various materials and products
- Prepping hair
- Creating a sleek ponytail
- Various braiding techniques
- Various ways to blow dry
- Setting waves and curls
- The technique of backcombing
- Various techniques to secure hair
- Various ways of putting up hair
- Creating various knots and twists
- Developing hair from basic to big fashion hair
A nice bonus for you as a student: Do you wish to continue working with Art of Colors at the end of the Masterclass? Great! It is also possible to work in the makeup and hair team of the Art of Colors Agency.
The price tag
- The Masterclass Hairstyling costs €570 or 3 terms of €190,-.
- Students and former students receive a €150 discount from Art of Colors.
- You must purchase a basic hairstyling set for the Masterclass Hairstyling. This set is available from €160.
- You must bring your own makeup and hairstyling material to our lessons. What is that exactly? Shortly after your enrolment, you receive a list of all the materials you need.
When registering, we ask to pay €175,- registration fee. From that moment on we will keep a place for you. After paying the registration fee, you can cancel free of charge for 14 days.
Start your registration by choosing your preferred start date under 'Start dates & registration'.
The extras for students
- You can use our free online model databank.
- You receive personal attention during our course due to our small classes.
- You have the opportunity to work in the makeup and hair team at Art of Colors Agency after the course.
- In addition, you can use our hairstyling materials and makeup from brands including M.A.C. Cosmetics, NARS, NYX and INGLOT.