Younger than 16 years
If you are younger than 16 years of age, you need the consent of your parents or legal guardian to use our Website and Services.
In order to provide our Website and Services, we process personal data. The term ‘personal data’ refers to information from which you can be identified. This definition complies with the Relevant Legislation.
Furthermore, we will not process your data without your consent, unless we are required by law to do so.
What data do we collect and what do we do with it?
In order to use our Website, App and Services we require the following data from you:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Address details (street name, place of residence & postcode)
- Your IP address (to prevent misuse)
- Time zone and Country
We also collect data from you that are not personal if you use our Website. This may include the following:
- The name of the browser you use
- The operating system you use
- Type of device, Device software version, Device ID
- Information on how visitors use and experience the website for the purpose of user-friendliness (Hotjar)
We save the following data to your account: Password, Email, Profile statistics. Therefore, you do not need to re-enter these details. We also store data from previous orders which makes it easier to use your account.
If you use social media functions on our site, it is possible that we are sent information from the supplier of social media (according to their policy). This may include your name, profile image, gender, friends list and other information that you have provided. If this is not what you want, change your privacy settings on your social media account.
If you have indicated that you like an article, that article will appear on your social media account when you log in. If you visit a webpage that uses social media add-ins, your browser sends certain information to the provider of your social media account. We have no control over this data exchange.
There may be times when we ask you to take part in market research. We will then use your data for market research. We use this statistic data anonymously for Art of Colors. You can leave the questionnaire at any time. Your answers will not be given to third parties nor will they ever be publicly disclosed. In addition, the answers will not be linked to your email address.
Art of Colors offers newsletters that keep you informed of the latest news, promotions/offers and other information. In order to ensure your consent, we use the opt-in system for newsletters, whereby an option to unsubscribe is included in every communication.
Your name, email address, address(es) and payment details are required for your order. We will register, save and process your data in order to process the order correctly. These data can also be used for any later guarantee.
We will only use your data for the purposes listed above, or for a purpose closely related with these. This way, we never use your data in an unexpected way. Data may be used to meet legal obligations.
Art of Colors does its best to protect the security of your personal data against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, use, alteration or circulation of your personal data by unauthorised persons. However, despite all our efforts, we cannot ensure that personal data is fully protected. Submitting your personal data is therefore at your own risk. This is what we do to protect your data as effectively as is possible:
- Encryption (encoding) of digital files that contain personal data
- Security of network connections with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), or similar technology
- Access to the data is limited to the persons that require the data
- Backups of the data, Hashing + Salting of the passwords and we use a certified Hosting provider that has ISO 9001, ISO 27001, NEN 7510, ISAE3402 Type I & II
Your personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes as defined above.
A cookie is a small text file sent through a web server to a web browser. The browser then stores the file on your device. Your device is given a unique number, which enables our site to then recognise the device on subsequent visits.
By storing cookies, we also ensure that:
- You can remain logged in and browse uninterruptedly
- You can purchase something safely at Art of Colors
- We can detect errors and disruptions on the Website
- We can test improvements
- We can personally advise you based on what you have previously purchased and/or viewed
- You can share products through social media such as Facebook and Google
You can delete or disable cookies through the browser settings at any time. As a result, cookies will no longer be stored when you visit our Website. It is worth noting, however, that without cookies we cannot guarantee that your experience on our Website is as good as it could otherwise be.
The data that we collect from you are personal. Therefore, you have the following rights:
- You may request access to your data;
- You may request a rectification, restriction or alteration of your data. In the event of fraud, non-payment or other unlawful actions and/or unlawful use, we may keep some of your data in a register or on a blacklist;
- You may request a copy of your data. At your request, we can also transfer this copy to a third party so that you do not have to;
- You may object to your data being processed;
- You may file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you believe that we are processing your data unlawfully;
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time. As soon as you withdraw consent, we can no longer process any of your data.